What is a Samsung Ductless System?
A Samsung ductless system, or Samsung mini-split, is a heating and cooling system without ductwork. It has an outdoor unit and one or more indoor units. Unlike traditional HVAC systems, Samsung mini-splits don't need ducts. They let you control each indoor unit separately for comfort.
With higher capacities, higher efficiency ratings, and five compatible indoor unit options, you get more ways to take control of your comfort.Learn more
Wind-Free™ Air Conditioning
Samsung's exclusive Wind-Free™ Cooling technology provides users with a cool indoor climate without the discomfort of direct cold airflow. It's an advantage no other system can match.
Samsung always strives to deliver the best in heating and cooling. For that reason, their new Wind-Free™ 2.0 has been upgraded to perform even more amazingly.
Whole Home System
The Free Joint Multi (FJM) unit supports 2 to 5 indoor units for multi-zone control with one outdoor unit.
- ULTIMATE ZONING SOLUTION
- The Free Joint Multi (FJM) system allows you to set the temperature of individual rooms/zones to avoid conditioning rooms that are not being used to reduce power consumption.
- TOTAL CONTROL
- Through the SmartThings app, you can operate your unit from almost anywhere, at any time1.
- FLEXIBLE INSTALLATION
- This versatile system provides additional flexibility when installing a system that requires more than one zone of comfort, without adding parts, installation, and added costs of several outdoor units.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE
- The Digital Inverter compressor's variable speed control allows the compressor to operate at precisely the speed needed to maintain the set temperature without turning the system off and on to increase efficiency.
- EASY INSTALLATION
- One button auto addressing for simple system setup when completing installation.
- QUIET OPERATION
- Each model uses a twin BLDC compressor for high performance, and low noise and vibration.
1Available for download on the Google™ Play store and App Store®. A network connection is required. Samsung application account is necessary.
What SEER Level Should I Choose?
For the hottest regions of the United States, the minimum Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio set by the US Department of Energy is 14.
"For most applications, the minimum or near-minimum SEER units are most cost effective, but the longer the cooling seasons, the higher the electricity costs, and the longer the purchasers will own the systems, the more that incrementally higher SEER units are justified."
Air conditioning is always a long-term investment, so you should go for the highest SEER.
Samsung has the energy efficiency you need!
Samsung Free Joint Multi Units
Samsung Wind-Free™ 2.0
- Available capacities: 7K, 9K, 12K, 15K, 18K, and 24K Btu/h
- 9K, 12K, 18K, and 24K Btu/h indoor units are compatible with RAC single zone outdoor units and the new FJM outdoor units. 7K and 15K Btu/h indoor units are compatible with FJM systems only.
- Wind-Free™ Cooling technology maintains the desired temperature and eliminates cold drafts by delivering air through micro holes on the unit’s louver and fascia panel when the louver is closed, producing a dispersed and gentle flow of air defined as “still air.”
- Wi-Fi enabled for control and monitoring via Samsung’s SmartThings app.
- Samsung's new indoor unit design incorporates more interlocking components in place of threaded fasteners to reduce the time and effort it takes to install and service a system.
Samsung Free Joint Multi
- Available capacities: 18K, 24K, 36K, and 48K Btu/h
- SEER up to 19.7
- HSPF up to 10.3
- Supports 2 to 5 indoor units
- Simplified connection to central control with direct connection to R1/R2 at the outdoor unit.
- Option settings allow system configuration as cooling or heating, cooling only, or heating only.
- “Home run” piping to each indoor unit
- Compatible with NASA communication protocol controllers
- Twin BLDC compressor for high efficiency, low noise, and vibration.
- One button auto addressing for simple system setup when completing installation